The singing Tibetan bowls have their origin in Tibet. The Tibetan monks were the users of these bowls.
There is proof that our mind and body is greatly affected by the vibration and sound of singing Tibetan bowls. The bowl’s sound calms and relaxes the body and mind allowing you to focus deeper within yourself. This is mostly achieved by massaging your body using the vibration and sound of these healing bowls.
Singing Tibetan bowls are made in India as well as Nepal. They are normally made from 3 or 5 metals. However, some bowls have up to seven metals. These are mostly the high quality bowls. Since every bowl is handmade individually, none of them is the same as the other.
Here are some factors you should put into consideration when buying singing Tibetan bowls.
1. Take your time to look at the bowls and find something you like. Singing Tibetan bowls are usually referred to as healing bowls that may be utilized to really heal your body and mind. Moreover, they are used in meditation.
2. If you’re in a shop, you can test the bowl’s sound by striking it with a stick. Singing Tibetan bowls are played using a thick wooden stick. You can either hit a bowl or rub its edge with the striker so as to produce ringing, resonant tones which makes the bowl vibrate for some time. Once struck, its sound ought to resonate and continue for several minutes with various layers of tones. The note should also be heavy and rich. When you choose, the sound of the bowl really ought to melt your heart and also impress you.
3. If you’re purchasing online, check if the site contains sound clips of these bowls available for sale. All of the excellent stores should possess such sound clips. Additionally, they give you samples to check the quality.
4. The smaller the bowl is, the higher the pitch of the sound and the bigger it is, the lower and heavier the pitch gets. You really ought to find the proper ones based on the pitch of the sound you would like.
5. Another factor to consider is the materials used to make the bowls. The common ones are made of a mixture of two or five metals but the special ones with a mixture of 7 metals. It’s possible to tell the difference in the richness of sound and vibration.
6. Finally, you should know if the bowl is handmade or machine made. You need to go for ones that are handmade. That is the beauty of these singing bowls since all the handmade bowls are unique and special. Machine made ones are simply a duplicate of each other. Moreover, their vibration and sound is of low quality compared to the hand-made singing Tibetan bowls.